Life in Balance
A LIFE IN BALANCE
1. Would you say the overall level of public trust in corporate America is:
2. What do you think is the single most important trait or characteristic needed for a person to succeed in business today?
3. What would you say is the main reason you selected your current business or occupation?
4. How important do you think it is for a business person to balance his/her professional career with family life or recreational time?
5. Thinking of how you spend your own time, would you say you spend TOO MUCH, ABOUT THE RIGHT AMOUNT, or TOO LITTLE time on business or professional activities?
6. Thinking of how you spend your own time, would you say you spend TOO MUCH, ABOUT THE RIGHT AMOUNT, or TOO LITTLE time on family or personal recreational activities?
7. Do you think it is MORE, ABOUT THE SAME, or LESS difficult to balance business/career demands with family and leisure time activities than it was ten years ago?
8. Do you belong to a “service” club or organization (IE; Rotary, Lions, Kiwanias)?
9. How many hours per week to you dedicate to performing volunteer or community service activities?
10. Do you belong to any sort of a professional or trade organization?
11. Do you regularly attend church, synagogue, mosque, or other religious services?
12. Do you serve in any volunteer capacity at your church, synagogue, mosque, or other religious institution?
13. Do you rely on your religious beliefs to help guide you in making moral business decisions?
14. Do you turn to your religious beliefs to help relieve stress and restore tranquility to your life?
15. Do you now or have you ever served as an adult leader for youth activities (ie: sports coach, scout leader)?
16. Do you AGREE or DISAGREE with the following statement: “The most important measure of success is how much money a person makes.”
17. Do you AGREE or DISAGREE with the following statement: “The most important measure of success is what others think of you.”
18. Do you AGREE or DISAGREE with the following statement: “The most important measure of success is what a person does to help others.”
19. What would you say is the single most important personal characteristic or quality needed to succeed in business today?
20. Does your business (or place of employment) have a written “code of ethics,” or other official policy governing employee conduct?
21. Has your business (or place of employment) ever conducted seminars, or offered any formal instruction to employees on the subject of business ethics?
22. Does your business (or place of employment) have in place any formal review process to ensure that managers and employees are operating in a legal and ethical manner?
SECTION II: EMPLOYEES
1. How well do you think Pennsylvania ’s public schools are preparing students for jobs in the workplace?
2% VERY WELL
2. When recruiting key employees, do you find prospective hires to be MORE, ABOUT THE SAME, or LESS concerned with “quality of life issues than they were ten years ago?
3. Do you find employees MORE or LESS willing to work overtime, or more than a traditional 40-hour week, than they were ten years ago?
4. Do you find the level of personal responsibility and work ethic of employees today to be BETTER, ABOUT THE SAME, or WORSE than it was five years ago?
SECTION III: DEMOGRAPHIC QUESTIONS
1. Are you a:
2. What is your age group?
3. In what category would you place your income for the past year?
4. Are you a:
5. How would you describe your religious affiliation”
6. What is the highest level of education you have completed:?