Total Started Survey: 367
Total Finished Survey: 367 (100.0%)
Section I: Issues
1. Has your business been harmed in any way by the ongoing state budget impasse?
2. Do you think Governor Wolf's proposed state budget will IMPROVE or HARM Pennsylvania's overall business climate.
3. Governor Tom Wolf claims the state has a "structural budget deficit" of over $1 billion dollars. Assuming that is correct, should the state:
|CUT SPENDING TO MATCH REVENUE||77.13%||280|
|MAINTAIN CURRENT SPENDING LEVELS AND RAISE TAXES TO COVER THE DEFICIT||0.83%||3|
|INCREASE SPENDING AND INCREASE TAXES TO COVER BOTH THE DEFICIT AND HIGHER SPENDING||1.10%||4|
|COMBINE SPENDING CUTS AND TAX HIKES TO BALANCE THE BUDGET||17.91%||65|
4. As part of his budget proposal, Governor Tom Wolf has included an 11% increase in the state income tax for all individuals and businesses. Do you SUPPORT or OPPOSE this proposal?
5. Would you SUPPORT or OPPOSE an increase in the state's 6% sales tax to help balance the state budget?
6. Would you SUPPORT or OPPOSE an increase in the state's Corporate Net Income Tax to help balance the state budget?
7. Do you think it is appropriate/constitutional for the Governor to spend state tax dollars on line items that have not yet been approved by the legislature?
8. Do you AGREE or DISAGREE with this statement: A new state budget should be adopted immediately even if it means significant increases in my taxes.
9. The Pennsylvania House of Representatives is considering impeachment proceedings against Attorney General Kathleen Kane. Kane is under indictment for allegedly leaking Grand Jury information and has announced she will not see re-election this November. Should the General Assembly:
|CONTINUE WITH IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDINGS||41.32%||150|
|DROP IMPEACHMENT PROCEEDINGS AND LET HER TERM EXPIRE||49.86%||181|
10. The Pennsylvania General Assembly is considering the legalization of MEDICAL marijuana. Do you SUPPORT or OPPOSE the legalization of marijuana for medical purposes?
11. By executive order, Governor Tom Wolf has raised the minimum wage for state employees to $10.15 per hour. Do you SUPPORT or OPPOSE raising the minimum wage for PRIVATE SECTOR employees that level?
12. If you are a registered REPUBLICAN and the primary election for Pennsylvania Attorney General were held today, would you vote to nominate:
13. If you are a registered DEMOCRAT and the primary election for Pennsylvania Attorney General were held today, would you vote to nominate:
14. If you are a registered DEMOCRAT and the primary election for United States Senator were held today, would you vote to nominate:
Section II: Business Climate
15. In general, do you think business conditions in Pennsylvania are better, the same, or worse than they were SIX MONTHS AGO?
16. LOOKING AHEAD SIX MONTHS, do you think business conditions will be better, the same, or worse than they are now?
17. Are employment levels at your company higher, the same, or lower, than they were SIX MONTHS AGO?
18. LOOKING AHEAD SIX MONTHS, do you anticipate that employment levels at your company will be higher, stay the same, or be lower?
19. Have your company's sales increased, stayed relatively the same, or decreased during the PAST SIX MONTHS?
20. Do you expect your company's sales to increase, stay relatively the same, or decrease during the COMING SIX MONTHS?
21. In general, do you have a POSITIVE, NEGATIVE or NO OPINION of the job performance of the following individuals?
Robert P. Casey, Jr.
|U.S. Treasury Secretary|
22. In general, do you have a POSITIVE, NEGATIVE, or NO OPINION of the job performance of the following institutions?
|United States Senate||11.97%|
|United States House of Representatives||17.85%|
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives||38.81%|
23. Which category best describes your position at the business in which your work:
|Other (Office Staff)||0.28%||1|
24. In what part of Pennsylvania is your business located?
25. Please feel free to make any additional comments or observations about Pennsylvania's business climate.